Purchasing previously owned aircraft can
be a complex and time-consuming experience for potential aircraft
buyers. There can also be tremendous exposure regarding the
past maintenance history on any given aircraft. Therefore,
it is in the best interests of potential aircraft buyers to
enlist the services of a sales and brokerage firm like Southport
Aviation, Inc. to protect the buyers’ interests. Southport
Aviation, Inc. will provide the following services to its
• Discuss and evaluate buyers’
expectations of the aircraft they would be interested in
purchasing, along with the buyers’ travel requirements.
This is essential in identifying one or more models that
will satisfy and meet the needs of each buyer while staying
within the budget of each buyer.
• Conduct worldwide searches for aircraft that meet
buyers’ specific requirements. Southport Aviation,
Inc. has aircraft researchers on staff and computer software
that will work to identify specific aircraft.
• Locate, evaluate and negotiate pricing on the three
best aircraft currently available for each client.
• Send an experienced representative of Southport
Aviation, Inc. to inspect the primary aircraft selected
by each potential buyer to verify that the aircraft is as
• Facilitate “demo” flights if necessary
and arrange for mechanical inspections, including logbook
research, at an independent third-party maintenance facility.
• Assist in all administrative aspects of the purchase
process to include financing, insurance, title work, transfer
of ownership, and final delivery.
• Arrange for pilot training as necessary.